New mimio Power Tools - What do you want to see?

Hi there

I'm currently thinking about creating a new version of the mimio Power Tools Pack as they seem to be fairly popular with everybody.

I am interested in knowing what NEW tools teachers would like to see in this updated edition.

Please leave your thoughts in this thread.

And don't forget to vote for the original Power Tools Pack here:
http://www.mimioconnect.com/content/lesson/mimio_power_tools_pack_v1

Thanks for your input.

mimioguy's picture
Submitted by mimioguy Mimio Site Manager on Jun. 24, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (234)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Gallery

I would like to see more clip art in the gallery. I was trying to make a nutrition lesson, and there are not many vegetables. When I tried to get images, they have the white around them to make a box. It doesn't work very well with interactive. I don't know how to fix that, and so I am searching for clip art images or I would even like to know how to import images without the shadows around them.

• Posted:
    Aug. 22, 2009
nbonewitz
Posted by
Nancy Bonewitz
Downloads: 1142

Infinite cloner

Hi there, I'm new to Mimio from SMART, and there's one tool that I used a lot that would be great to have on Mimio. It would be great if you could create an object and then with a particular option be able to "infinitely" clone it. In other words. Once you set the object in place and use the option, whenever you move the object, the original stays in place and a new one moves. I've used the feature a lot for grouping activities. I know you can copy and paste multiple times, but sometimes it's just quicker and easier to have it set up to clone it as often as you touch it. The tools you've created though definitely look great. Thanks!

• Posted:
    Aug. 17, 2009
hwolke
Posted by
Howard Wolke
Downloads: 16

Animation and sound recording

The current power tools pack is wonderful! Here are a couple of additional ideas:

1. The ability to select an object on the screen (text, picture, etc.), use the virtual ink to draw a line, and be able to animated the object to follow the line you have drawn.

2. The ability to animate objects on the screen in the following three ways.
a) Set an object so that it is hidden and reveals itself when it is moused over.
b) Set an object so that it hides itself when it is moused over.
c) Set an object so that it hides itself when it is clicked on.

3. The ability to select an object on the screen, record a sound, and have that sound played back when you click on that object.

• Posted:
    Aug. 16, 2009
starrmatica
Posted by
Emily Starr
Downloads: 63

Hi Jeni

Sounds like you're on a mac. The power tools stretch to oval shaped when resized on windows. I believe there is a fix coming on the mac side soon so it works the same way. Hang ten.

• Posted:
    Jul. 30, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy
Downloads: 352

Drag and Drop feature

I completely agree with one of the other comments. I would love a drag and drop feature that automatically removes the drop if the answer is incorrect.

For example, I'm a Biology teacher so I use diagrams all the time. So lets take the diagram of the eye. I would have the diagram and then on the left/right hand side I would have the list of parts. I would then ask a student to come up and drag 'Fovea' to the correct location. If the student was incorrect 'Fovea' would automatically go back to the start location. It would also be great if there was a sound file to go with correct/incorrect responses.

I do have an excellent web-site that I use for some diagrams if you need a visual.

Thanks so much for all that you have done, looking forward to more.
-brandi

• Posted:
    Jul. 29, 2009
argentar
Posted by
Brandi Argentar
Downloads: 88

Hi Marcel, Here's one, but

Hi Marcel,

Here's one, but the words don't bounce back. But that would be a nice feature.

http://msjensen.cehd.umn.edu/webanatomy/timed/25.htm

There is an animation link within a lesson I downloaded. But I would really like to create an animation within mimio. The lesson was posted by Linda on June 12, 2009 and is genetics.ink

-brandi

• Posted:
    Jul. 30, 2009
argentar
Posted by
Brandi Argentar
Downloads: 88

new tools

First I must say that I love all of the power tools.
I would like mini write reveal screens. If I shrink the current ones to cover a one or two digit number, the writing becomes so thin that it is often difficult to read.

• Posted:
    Jul. 29, 2009
tastephens
Posted by
Teresa Stephens
Downloads: 3367

Thanks Teresa

This is a really good idea.
I will look into the current Write Reveals and see if its possible to change the thickness of the ink when the size of the reveal is reduced.
How does the clickable shaded bar work at a reduced size for you?

• Posted:
    Jul. 30, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy

new mimio tools

Not sure if these all would be a new tool, but I get asked by teachers how to keep some of their effects when they import powerpoints into mimio. Tools might include having options for sound files that are inserted to play automatically. Transitions between slides and other features like that that increase the presentation effects.

• Posted:
    Jul. 28, 2009
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

New Tools

I would love to see two large dice that can be manipulated to spin and a word wall word of the week can be added each week as they change. I would also love to see a morning presentation that would incorporate number of the day with rods, money and numbers to manipulate then weather of the day on that same presentation. That way you only have to go to one place to get that information daily for your morning meeting. Jacqueline 2nd grade

• Posted:
    Jul. 20, 2009
jacqueline
Posted by
Jacqueline Durant-Harthorne
Downloads: 1212

New Tools

Thanks Jacqueline

Can you send me some pictures of how you want the morning presentation laid out?

Can you also elaborate on the two large dice spinning?
How does this differ from the current dice tool?

• Posted:
    Jul. 21, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy

Spinning dice

If these dice were six sided and it would allow us to change the words each week on them. Then when the die was spun a word would come up and the kids could clap out the words, cheer them ect...... Is this more clear??? Jacqueline

• Posted:
    Aug. 29, 2009
jacqueline
Posted by

morning message

Not really sure exactly what it should look like but it would be cool to have rods 100's, 10's, and ones that we could make the number of the day with, then be able to make the number of the day in money,next make the number using numbers each day, use the calandar like the one that is there is fine. Then if we had a weather page to do the weather of the day with a thermometer, icons for clouds, sun etc.... and then a graph to add that days weather to. Clear as mud right. I guess I am looking to replace my old velcro and pocket things and incorporate them all into one presentation. Jacqueline

• Posted:
    Aug. 1, 2009
jacqueline
Posted by

Hi Grant

Open the mimio Gallery and use the Search box at the top to type in "die" and under the Multimedia tab you should see a couple of dice available to drag and drop into the Notebook.
Searching for "dice" will also bring up the great Multiple Dice activity which is great as a Maths starter in the classroom.

• Posted:
    Jul. 30, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy

Word Dice

I would like to have word dice so I could put high frequency words on them and change them weekly. Is there a site you use to download to get various tools like this? Jacqueline

• Posted:
    Aug. 1, 2009
jacqueline
Posted by

Power pack suggestions

How easy would it be to have editable .wav, or .mp3 sound files associated with the pop reveals? If a teacher could easily edit the sounds associated with the visuals, that would be worthwhile and fun I think.

• Posted:
    Jul. 14, 2009
oo69757
Posted by
oo69757
Downloads: 91

Power pack suggestions

Thanks oo69757 (nice name!)

At the moment we are limited by functionality of the mimio software to do this.
But I'm sure the mimio Gnomes are working hard to change that. ;o)

• Posted:
    Jul. 21, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy

I would love to see the

I would love to see the following:

-Dice you can add your own images/text to
-game templates to add your own text
-a box where you can insert text and can drag your text into to see if you are correct
-a voting box/tool

• Posted:
    Jul. 10, 2009
lynnreedy
Posted by
Lynn Reedy
Downloads: 177

Thanks Lynn!

What type of game templates were you interested in?

Can you explain the text box idea that you are referring to?
I'm not sure I quite get it yet. An example of how you would use it would be useful.

Also how do you want to use the voting tool?

Any examples you can provide will help me get my head around your needs and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for your ideas!

• Posted:
    Jul. 13, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy

Hi Marcel, Game templates: A

Hi Marcel,

Game templates:
A possible matching text to images or text to text template where you fill in your own text, the template is already made for you

A possible multiple choice activity where you input your own text, the template is designed for you

Crossword puzzle templates, you fill in the text

Text Box Idea:
Ok, say you want students to label parts of a flower. YOu have these various text boxes that are empty around the flower. The empty text boxes are flash files where you can edit and put in your own text. When the student drags the selected vocabulary word into that text box it will let them know if they are right or wrong based on the text the teacher placed inside them (that is hidden of course).. hope that makes sense

Voting tool:
Ways to use the voting tool: students come up and vote on a question a teacher provides them; student surveys for data collection

Hope this helps!

Thanks!!!!

Lynn

• Posted:
    Jul. 21, 2009
lynnreedy
Posted by
Lynn Reedy
Downloads: 177

analogue clock where the hands are synchronized

It would be wonderful to have an analogue clock that could be used like the Judy Clocks where the minute hand and the hour hand work together.

• Posted:
    Oct. 10, 2009
scasonguay
Posted by
scasonguay
Downloads: 156

mimio new tools

What about something that would automatically animate something with various options for animations? Also, had someone ask about the ability to erase what has been written on reveal boxes without having to advance pages and go back. Will think of more ideas. :)

• Posted:
    Jun. 28, 2009
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

new mimio Tools

Thanks Travis.

Can you be more specific about what you want to animate and how?

You can triple-click on the Write Reveal boxes to clear them.
Sometimes this doesn't work very well when using the mimio pen but does work when using your mouse or trackpad.

• Posted:
    Jun. 29, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

Can our Chromebooks have the MimioStudio software loaded onto them?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Great question and thank you for your submission to MimioConnect. Chromebooks can't download the software to their device but do connect to MimioMobile through the web at this address:...

Read More

Register