New mimio Power Tools - What do you want to see?

Hi there

I'm currently thinking about creating a new version of the mimio Power Tools Pack as they seem to be fairly popular with everybody.

I am interested in knowing what NEW tools teachers would like to see in this updated edition.

Please leave your thoughts in this thread.

And don't forget to vote for the original Power Tools Pack here:
http://www.mimioconnect.com/content/lesson/mimio_power_tools_pack_v1

Thanks for your input.

mimioguy's picture
Submitted by mimioguy Mimio Site Manager on Jun. 24, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (234)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ah, just thought of another.

Ah, just thought of another. As a high school math teacher, I would love to have something such as equation editor for typing problems into my slides.

• Posted:
    Jan. 30, 2010
priscilla.jackson
Posted by
priscilla.jackson
Downloads: 335

Definitely a reset button, so

Definitely a reset button, so all I have written/changed for one class could be removed without closing and reopening the program before the next class.

• Posted:
    Jan. 30, 2010
priscilla.jackson
Posted by
priscilla.jackson
Downloads: 335

Power Pack ideas

This really doesn't fit in the Power Pack but I'm going to suggest it anyway. Quite a few teachers I teach with get really frustrated when they type in a textbox and the letters are huge then when they click out of the box the letters get smaller (the size of font they've chosen). They feel it's like a "false advertisement". They click for the font to be 72pt. and while typing the letters are huge but then they get smaller. They would also like to have a wider range of font styles.

Thanks!

• Posted:
    Jan. 27, 2010
giaccons
Posted by
Stacy Giaccone
Downloads: 71

power tools wish list

1. A transparent spinner
2. dice with dots
3. playing cards that appear randomly (similar to random number generator)
4. dice that allow the user to put what they want on each face
5. pattern blocks

• Posted:
    Jan. 23, 2010
crteacher
Posted by
Kristine Stewart
Downloads: 1138

I would like to see talking

I would like to see talking numbers. It should say something like, "Number 1, the answer is... " That way when we reveal an answer, there's a bit of a build up. Maybe music too.

• Posted:
    Dec. 20, 2009
tremmelj
Posted by
Julie Tremmel
Downloads: 32

My wish list ;)

Some ideas that could boost mimio tools in my mind would be:

1)The addition of two functions on the mimio 'mouse' a)a laser beam-pointer button, and b) a button or function that would allow the palette to move to where the 'mouse' is. ( this function would allow easier change of colours when writing.-the use of a pop up mini colour picking sub-pallete nearby would come in handy too)

2) The palette could minimise itself after the selected tool has started operating (Sometimes we pick the wrong tool and ,on the fly, we realise our mistake, go back and pick the right one. So we don't want the palette minimised then.)

3) Of course I agree with most of us who are making suggestions that animation would be more than welcome in any form ( allow gifs animate/ assign a letter, word or design to roll/slide/fly... to another point.) Facilities very useful when teaching spelling rules /formation of questions etc.

4) I would also like to be able to upload a page to my website for my absent students' needs, with a click of a button.

5) When I use 'text mode', I always have to choose my favourite font and size. It would be nice if the software could include these parameters in the settings menu.

6) A 'CP' - copypaste- (not to copy + then paste) button/function would also speed up things.

Thank you for your good work. I can't wait for the new version .

• Posted:
    Dec. 13, 2009
stefnickgr
Posted by
stefnickgr
Downloads: 39

Fill in the Blank

I would like to see you be able to import a paragraph from another source, click on a word, and the word become a blank (for students to fill in). Also, as you click on words, the words go into an answer bank to pick from.

• Posted:
    Dec. 11, 2009
lemondsd
Posted by
Stormy Lemond
Downloads: 21

power tools wish list

I would like to see blank dice that I could add my content to. It would be great to put vocabulary words on a die and have the students spin and then give the definition.

• Posted:
    Dec. 8, 2009
dsamson
Posted by
dsamson
Downloads: 28

wish list

I am still exploring all that mimio has to offer. Both mimio courses and the lessons posted on mimio.connect have been a great source for ideas and strategies for making lessons more interactive and appealing to students.What I would still like to see are:
- a way to rotate and reflect images
- a way to resize the grids from the gallery so they don't take up the entire screen
- ability to screen clip images in shapes other than rectangular. I tried to get Canadian currency and could not get rid of the white square around each coin.
- I wanted to create a "memory game" to review linear functions and their graphs. Half the squares would contain the functions and the other half, the graphs. Students would select two boxes and try to make a match. If their selection was correct the graph and equation would remain. If not, they would be covered up. I couldn't think of a way to make this work.

• Posted:
    Dec. 8, 2009
aspanik
Posted by
aspanik
Downloads: 102

new tools

I agree with....

*cloning

*the matching answer type games that sends it back if it's wrong
*a reset button so I don't have to Un-reveal and unpop all of my answers before my next class arrives.

*the need for animation.
Animating objects but also the kinds of transitions and animations available in powerpoint.
I have some great clip art web sites that have music objects animated but when I drag them into my gallery they are no longer animated.

Something I think that would make it easier to navigate pages in a notebook would be tabs like you find in excel workbooks when I use the multi page tool students see the answers before I want them to.

• Posted:
    Dec. 3, 2009
barbarabudhisetiawan
Posted by
barbarabudhisetiawan
Downloads: 28

dot dice

Hello Laura,

Have you seen the dice I submitted. I submitted a few different ones, such as dot, letter, vowels, and numbers also with different colors. Let me know what else you hear teachers ask for and I'll look into creating them.

• Posted:
    Mar. 18, 2010
Jesus Cital
Posted by
Jesus Cital
Downloads: 624

new Mimio Power Tools

1. Yes, crop tool, YAY!! something that allows me to cut down the size of a picture, not just shrink it but cut a section of a picture out

2. Letter dice! Yay!!

3. Deck of cards that would change randomly when clicked

4. Flashcards--for both math & letters & sight words. What would be great is to take the flash cards already in gallery (minus the reveal screen) and combine them all into one tool, that would randomly change each time it's clicked on--so that I can load it on the page and just click through the flash cards quickly and everytime I click it the word/addition card/multiplication card etc. changes randomly to the next. What would be even better is if I could create the flash cards by inserting text and group them together in the flashcard group. Kind of like what others have asked for editable dice--that would be nice too. A button to reshuffle card order would be awesome as well.

5. Boggle game--I downloaded a boggle game that someone created using a grid and text letters in the grid in mimio studio. What would be great is if a grid like that could be created and then the entire grid changes randomly when a button is clicked to reshuffle.

• Posted:
    Nov. 12, 2009
DonnainNM
Posted by
Donna
Downloads: 88

word dice and flash cards

I would also like to see word dice we can change as well as cards that we can flip or turn over that we can put either numbers on or words or even letters. These would be used daily for my room and I know that the children would eat them up!!!

• Posted:
    Dec. 19, 2009
jacqueline
Posted by
Jacqueline Durant-Harthorne
Downloads: 1212

1. All geomatrical tools. 2.

1. All geomatrical tools.

2. Support for all the languages (if any language software is intalled the font must appear in text box tool and we are able write it)

3. Spell check facility will be very much helpful

4. Change of icon (Ex:Eraser should look like a Chalk duster)
Pen can be changed as chalk (Because still many teachers loves to use interactive board in a traditional style of Black board)

5. Adding of animated science lab equpiments will help to make a lesson
more interactive and wonderful

• Posted:
    Nov. 10, 2009
Santosh1
Posted by
Santosh1
Downloads: 73

I would like to see

along the lines of a self check, where the student could drag and answer to the matching question, and if the answer is wrong, the choice they picked would go back to where it came from, maybe even with a fun sound effect (my students LOVE the sound effects) and if that's possible, then I would like to also see if the answer is put in the right place, some sort of animation, maybe where it bounces around or lets off fireworks or something.

• Posted:
    Nov. 3, 2009
jpotter
Posted by
Jessica Potter
Downloads: 24

Spy Tool

On my promethean board in my previous district, we had a hovering hand lense that served as a spy tool. You could layer photos (say...as frog over a fly with the fly aligned to be under his belly) or photos over text (like a metamorphic rock over it's definition) and when you would drag the spy tool over the item you could see through to the bottom layer. It was my fav tool of all time, and I'd love to see that sort of functionality with my mimio board.

• Posted:
    Oct. 30, 2009
jennlarson
Posted by
Jenn Larson
Downloads: 99

Object Animation

I would love to see the ability to animate any object on the screen, whether it fades, moves along a path, flashes, etc. . . . In my humble opinion, this would truly be taking the software to a new level.

• Posted:
    Oct. 26, 2009
skasztan
Posted by
Sylvie Kasztan
Downloads: 32

Anything interactive would be

Anything interactive would be a plus. Game boards, objects with sound, templates, different types/styles of pop reveals would all be appreciated

• Posted:
    Oct. 10, 2009
nicole_ray
Posted by
nicole_ray
Downloads: 153

I would like to see a spinner

I would like to see a spinner that can....
1. Be divided into as many sectors as needed
2. Can have text added to add student names to each sector

This would be great for randomly calling on students to answer questions, perform a special job, etc.

• Posted:
    Oct. 5, 2009
kcallaway
Posted by
kcallaway
Downloads: 47

ideas for tools

I would like

1) a reveal screen like the one in the main applications but where you can adjust the size (in all directions and reveal in all directions). I want to slide the reveal as I go through the lesson, but I only want the reveal on half the screen. Currently I am using a lot of the reveal boxes from the gallery.

2) a magnifier. Sometimes I have an image that once I project it I realize I need it larger.

Thanks. I love the current power tools.

• Posted:
    Sep. 23, 2009
tmorgan
Posted by
tmorgan
Downloads: 17

Power Tools Additions

I would like to be able to have a vertical line constraint that will allow you to see the line while holding down the controlling key (shift, Ctrl or Alt). Currently the line seems to disappear.

Would it be possible to have the result of a print command fill up a greater portion of the paper or perhaps allow 2 screens in mimio print onto 1 page?

If the repeated clone tool is developed, could it have a choice of specifying a certain distance horizontally or vertically that the objects are spaced apart?

Thanks

• Posted:
    Sep. 23, 2009
rteeple46
Posted by
Rod Teeple
Downloads: 71

Hi, I agree with the infinite

Hi,

I agree with the infinite cloner as mentioned by others. I would also like to see darker graphs. Unless my students are looking at my computer or are really close to the board. They can not see the graph lines.

I would also like to see a simple "cut" or "delete" tool. I find that when I use the select tool to delete words, the students get very excited about the "bubble letters." I would like to be able to cut without bubble letters if possible.

I would also like fraction circles and pieces that can be easily rotated to fit within shapes. Also, in math, solid figures would be great as well to count edges, faces and vertices.

Thanks.

• Posted:
    Sep. 19, 2009
ASchneidewind
Posted by
Allison
Downloads: 12

Mimioguy, First let me say

Mimioguy,
First let me say your powerpak tools are awesome and have really spiced up our lessons since 6.0 came out for macs. The thing that I would love to see if the infinite cloner. I believe someone mentioned it before but it would be so helpful. Also I would like to see popping balloons much like the pop reveals, just think it would be fun to pop balloons. I have made the pop reveals look like balloons, but the string doesn't disappear when you pop them. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Kathy

• Posted:
    Sep. 14, 2009
kortyk
Posted by
Kathy Korty
Downloads: 952

Even more ideas for power tools......

It would be nice with a dice that you can multiple and after you have rolled the dice (dices) you can paste the result (addition) into your notebook (I think SmartBoard have something like that). It would also be nice with a protactor with the same possibility (past the result into the notebook).

• Posted:
    Sep. 11, 2009
tomjig
Posted by
Tomas Jigfelt
Downloads: 866

Another idea for power tools

I would like to see Mimio have the ability to used animated images within Mimio. I have found the images, but when I insert them, they are no longer animated.
Thanks!

• Posted:
    Sep. 7, 2009
nbonewitz
Posted by
Nancy Bonewitz
Downloads: 1142

My "mimio-wish list"

Maybe I want too much and it might also be that the things I would like to see can't be realized. And maybe it's not of any use for the powertoolspack. It's just my "mimio-wish list"…

It's a huge list. Some of these ideas came up while checking out other IWB-software and some ideas came up while working in Mimio Studio or while letting my students (age 4-6) work with the board.

What I really would like to have is a tool to make a match-game, such as a memory-game.
Now I use the "pop and reveal balloons" for that purpose. That works great, but once the kids know at what place the images are placed, the game isn't fun anymore.
It would be nice if the images were placed randomly any time the game is started again.

Something else I would like to see is a "reset-button" that can be placed on a page.
For example: to use while playing the memory-game, but also to reset other games or pages…
Now you have to close a file (without saving!)and open it again to start a new game.

The option to set restrictions to the directions an object can move. I mean: I would like to tell an object that it can only move horizontally or ….
Also useful would be the possibility to set other actions to objects: when clicking it, it changes into something else: another color or shape or image. Or when clicking it, it disappears… or…

Then: I don't always like the white square around the images I import myself out of Explorer or through the screen-clipping tool.
It would be great to have a little tool to set one color (mostly white)as transparent , so that the image is just the image, for example a ball, and not a square.

The option to split text in a very simple way: split a sentence into separate words in a split second.

A tool to create a jigsaw-puzzle from an image and the possibility to change the difficulty.

Some things mentioned already but also on my wish-list:
Infinite cloner - I need that so much! :-)
Animate an object by drawing a line so that it can "fly" over the screen

I hope you can understand what I tried to explain. English is not my main-language, I speak and write Dutch better :-)

• Posted:
    Sep. 7, 2009
tamara
Posted by
Tam
Downloads: 101

more tool ideas

Other ideas that would have been nice as I've been building things:
1) crop tool similar to what you can do in MS Word, etc so you can adjust images
2) Other shape possibilities for pop reveal (square, triangle, star, etc)
3) Shapable screen clipping tool. Right now you can screen clip rectangular/square things. Would be nice to be able to choose a shape first (circle, triangle, etc) and then screen clip that shape out of something

• Posted:
    Aug. 30, 2009
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

Can our Chromebooks have the MimioStudio software loaded onto them?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Great question and thank you for your submission to MimioConnect. Chromebooks can't download the software to their device but do connect to MimioMobile through the web at this address:...

Read More

Register