New mimio Power Tools - What do you want to see?

Hi there

I'm currently thinking about creating a new version of the mimio Power Tools Pack as they seem to be fairly popular with everybody.

I am interested in knowing what NEW tools teachers would like to see in this updated edition.

Please leave your thoughts in this thread.

And don't forget to vote for the original Power Tools Pack here:
http://www.mimioconnect.com/content/lesson/mimio_power_tools_pack_v1

Thanks for your input.

mimioguy's picture
Submitted by mimioguy Mimio Site Manager on Jun. 24, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (234)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

SOME IDEAS

Here are some things that I find limiting about Mimio.
1. Mimio does not supoort midi sounds unless you hyperlink the sound. This means that each time you 'click' on the sound, Media Player opens. It seems that only wav sounds are supported which means that you have to use a converter to convert the midi to wav. These converters are costly.
2. I want to be able to modify reveal boxes. The grey box is very boring. I want to change either the colour of the reaveal box or be able to add a pic to the outside of the reveal box. The pic must be able to move with the reveal box when it opens.
3. I want to able to make tables in Mimio without having to make the table in Word and paste into Mimio.
4. How do i make my own gallery FILE. I know how to paste into the gallery.
5. You need a quicker way to do a gallery search.

• Posted:
    Apr. 16, 2011
beggs
Posted by
E B-JHB
Downloads: 90

"pops" and "reveals"

It would be nice to ALSO have "pops" and "reveals" that don't reset themselves when you navigate away from the page that they are on. Resetting could take place when the document was closed or if manually reset.

Thank you for asking for ideas.

• Posted:
    Apr. 11, 2011
margo
Posted by
margo
Downloads: 295

reveal that flips (magic square from Jesus Cital)

I love this appliction but it is not practical without being able to change font size. I am also having difficulty getting the magic square to retain the information entered when I navigate away from the page.

• Posted:
    Apr. 9, 2011
lostinga1
Posted by
lostinga1
Downloads: 640

I also don't like how this

I also don't like how this application loses the information every time you change the page. This is impractical, because it's pointless to have to type the informatoin in while you're busy teaching the class.

• Posted:
    May. 5, 2011
collyblom
Posted by
Megan
Downloads: 1249

I don't think this is in the

I don't think this is in the tools, but can you work on the unlock option. I hate that I have to unlock everything when I want to just unlock one thing. When I had a smart board I had the option to unlock on item and it was nice. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jennifer

• Posted:
    Apr. 3, 2011
wheelerj
Posted by
Jennifer Wheeler
Downloads: 258

CREATING TABLES

I agree. This is a huge problem! To draw my own table, I make it in Word and then paste it into Mimio. Then I add the words / data in Mimio. But you cannot just make the table in Mimio app.

• Posted:
    Apr. 16, 2011
beggs
Posted by
E B-JHB
Downloads: 90

I would love to see

more realistic Science animal images. Students respond to images that are more realistic rather than "cartoony". Being from the Midwest, having more of a variety of prairie animals would be nice, also.

• Posted:
    Oct. 28, 2010
krikampovitz
Posted by
krikampovitz
Downloads: 99

3D shapes & animation sequences

I would like to see 3D shapes that you can turn and manipulate to count their faces, edges and corners. It would be perfect if each face has a different colour so that you could tell if you had counted that face already.

I'd also like to be able to set a sequence of right or wrong buttons - like you can sequence animations in Powerpoint. For example, I'd like to take a hundred grid background and set a couple of questions to it. Then I'd set the right and wrong answers to go off in sequence. I know I could kind of do it by making a different slide for each question, but I'd like to be able to do it with other backgrounds and objects too.

• Posted:
    Oct. 29, 2010
collyblom
Posted by
Megan
Downloads: 1249

Animal images

Great idea! However, you can create your own Galleries of just about anything you'd like including prairie animals. Create a new folder in your Gallery and call it whatever you'd like (i.e Prairie Animals). You can do a Google search for images of the animals of your choice, use a variety of public domain image sites for images, or make a project out of it for your students to take pictures of animals that fit the needs. Simply copy and paste the graphics into your newly created Gallery and you have them available anytime you need them. You can even share your Gallery with others or make it available to use on other computers by right-clicking on the Prairie Animals folder and choose Export. Many options to fit your needs. If you need any help, just let me know. :)

• Posted:
    Oct. 28, 2010
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

I would also love to create

I would also love to create boxes that bounce back if they are not matched to the correct answer! And a spinner that doesn't reset every time you navigate away from the page would be great!

• Posted:
    Oct. 19, 2010
zphoebe
Posted by
Phoebe Pittman
Downloads: 65

Adding properties to objects

I was wondering if there will ever be a feature in which you can add properties to the objects? What I mean is that I would like to make a little game say for math. I want the students to figure out if something is odd or even. I want to make a box (container) that has a property of 'even' on the bottom of the page, then have even and odd numbers at the top, each having properties ('even' or 'odd') assigned to it. When I drag the number 4 to the even box it stays, but when I drag the number 5 it will bounce back because it's property is different. I have seen it on other interactive whiteboards and it is quite impressive.

• Posted:
    Oct. 15, 2010
argentar
Posted by
Brandi Argentar
Downloads: 88

I would love to see better

I would love to see better plant and animal cell graphics. Also, a microscope graphic would be wonderful too that demonstrated field of view.

• Posted:
    Oct. 10, 2010
ehhayward
Posted by
Betsy Hayward
Downloads: 100

random flash cards for addition and subtration

I would love some random flash cards like the new ones that were posted but that do not start at 0 each time. It would be great if each time you started them they started at a different fact. I want to use them each morning for fact fluency practice.

• Posted:
    Oct. 7, 2010
jacqueline
Posted by
Jacqueline Durant-Harthorne
Downloads: 1212

I would like to be able to

I would like to be able to select a picture and set a transparent color like I can do in Microsoft word. When you have the white boxes around the clipart the pictures don't look very nice once you put in a color background.

• Posted:
    Oct. 1, 2010
jeann.beaudry
Posted by
Jeannette Beaudry
Downloads: 863

Tools

I would like to see a name picker and a grouper that can be saved so you don't have to input names every time. A die in which you can change the sides would also be very helpful.

• Posted:
    Sep. 25, 2010
MMcRoberts
Posted by
Maureen McRoberts
Downloads: 226

Word dice

Like the name generator, I've found the dice that allow you to enter text, but if you venture away from the page the words are lost. I would like to be able to save the dice with the words I've entered on them so I can reuse them at will.

• Posted:
    Sep. 1, 2010
diana.lege
Posted by
Diana Lege
Downloads: 134

Set transparent color

Besides many things that I saw mentioned...I would like to be able to set a transparent color like you can do in powerpoint. That would get rid of the white boxes around so much of the clipart without having to do magic via cropping. (Unless you can do that already and I haven't figured out how)

• Posted:
    Aug. 31, 2010
Berrick580
Posted by
Brian Errickson
Downloads: 104

power toys

PLEASE add superscript and subscript functionality to Mimio. I teach HS science and need to write chemical formulas with subscripts, and ion charges with superscripts in text form. PLEASE!!

• Posted:
    Aug. 2, 2010
DrD
Posted by
DrD
Downloads: 1

Superscript and Subscript available soon

In just a few weeks, this much needed option will be part of the new software version, Mimio Studio 7. It works wonderfully and we science (and math) teachers will have a lot easier time working with equations, formulas, and other items. Proof positive that your ideas are always welcome in order to continually improve the software. Make sure to share you ideas in the forum areas!

• Posted:
    Aug. 5, 2010
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

touch capability without the pens?

Not sure if this is possible, or even related to your request...but I would like to do a project similar to a Koosh presentation I saw in Notebook software...is there any touch capability available aside from the pens?

• Posted:
    Jul. 30, 2010
amacdonald
Posted by
amacdonald
Downloads: 49

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

Can our Chromebooks have the MimioStudio software loaded onto them?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Great question and thank you for your submission to MimioConnect. Chromebooks can't download the software to their device but do connect to MimioMobile through the web at this address:...

Read More

Register