Entering Equations into Mimio

Is there is better way to enter equations into mimio? Currently, when I have to enter polynomials or quadratic equations that I want in an ink file I need to have microsoft word open, use its equation editor, and use a screen clipping. Is there any easier way? Is this something that the mimio engineers could work on to include with the mimio updates?

chrisnelson's picture
Submitted by chrisnelson Mimio Master on Oct. 8, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (8)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Still nothing to easily get equations in

The updated version just came out and I can't find anything that would easily put equations in, unless still using a separate software like equation editor. Promethean/Active inspire has this option why not Mimio? The flash tools in the gallery they added don’t really do the job.

• Posted:
    May. 21, 2013
jmager
Posted by
J. Mager
Downloads: 4

Still nothing to easily get equations in

The updated version just came out and I can't find anything that would easily put equations in, unless still using a separate software like equation editor. Promethean/Active inspire has this option why not Mimio? The flash tools in the gallery they added don’t really do the job.

• Posted:
    May. 21, 2013
jmager
Posted by
J. Mager
Downloads: 4

equations

I do not think that there is a simple way to enter equations. I always have several programs open when I am creating a mimio lesson. I know that the it is worth the effort when I use the lessons in my classes. The students are engaged when I use these lessons.

I use the program Math Type. I tried using the equation editor in word but I did not like using a screen clipping because the background was not transparent. The colors were not clear. They seemed to have some black around the edges. These problems do not exist with math type.

For polynomials that do not require many special characters, I can type in mimio notebook using alt codes. I found these codes on the internet and copied and pasted them into a word document. I open this file as a reference when working on a mimio lesson.

I use the program Handy Graph to insert graphs into my mimio files. At times, I will use a screen capture from my calculator or the calculator software but again I like transparent backgrounds which I can have with Handy Graph.

• Posted:
    Dec. 25, 2009
tastephens
Posted by
Teresa Stephens
Downloads: 3367

Hi Teresa, I know you posted

Hi Teresa,

I know you posted this quite a while ago, but I was wondering if I could ask a questions about what you said about MathType. I have MathType too and have tried copying and pasting from MathType over to Mimio. It works, but the equation comes into Mimio Studio HUGE. Does the same thing happen with you? If so, have you found some way around it?

Kat

• Posted:
    Aug. 9, 2011
kathrynlemons
Posted by
kathrynlemons
Downloads: 11

Hi Kat,

I am glad that you are using Mimio in your math classes. I find that my students are more engaged when I use Mimio.

I do not have a problem with equations being huge. Check the size of the Math Type equation. Look under size --- then define. I usually use 36 which is the size of type that I uses in Mimio. Rather than copy and paste, you could try saving the file and then importing it into Mimio. I usually do this because the color is better(other than black.)

I hope that this helps you.

Teresa

• Posted:
    Aug. 10, 2011
tastephens
Posted by
Teresa Stephens
Downloads: 3367

Does anyone know if the

Does anyone know if the people who update/create mimio software are working on incorporating some of these equation typing capabilities into a new version of mimio software? For instance, typing fractions, square roots, etc? This would make life much easier on the math teachers!

• Posted:
    Apr. 14, 2010
jennifer wilson
Posted by
Jennifer Wilson
Downloads: 147

Does it print quizzes?

Hello,
One of my math teachers cannot print quizzes with standard form equations correctly. How does/or does the Windows 7 equation writer solve this problem for her? Specifically, fractions seem to be the problem.

• Posted:
    Oct. 16, 2012
shockey
Posted by
scarlett
Downloads: 56

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

Can our Chromebooks have the MimioStudio software loaded onto them?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Great question and thank you for your submission to MimioConnect. Chromebooks can't download the software to their device but do connect to MimioMobile through the web at this address:...

Read More

Register